The aim of the Environmental Management programe and Sustainability Science at Aalborg University programme is to provide you with an understanding of the leading theories and practical experiences within Environmental Management. The programme enables you to define and solve environmentally related problems in the business world as well as in public organisations and broader society.
The MS(E) programme in Environmental Management & Sustainability Science combines a theoretical orientation with practical project work. This means that you achieve hands-on experience with a range of practical techniques in such areas as environmental planning, environmental management systems (EMS), corporate social responsibility (CSR), life cycle assessment (LCA), environmental assessments (EIA and SEA), eco-design and climate mitigation and action.
The programme will also provide you with an understanding of the social and political implications of planning and management within the environmental field. This includes an understanding of the relationships between companies and stakeholders, the environmental challenges facing businesses operating in international markets, and an introduction to various types of environmental regulations. These are just some of the topics that are integrated in the Master of Science Programme in Environmental Management & Sustainability Science.
Here you can see the structure of the programme. For information on the individual semesters, please click the relevant pages at the top right hand side of this page.
What makes the Environmental Management and Sustainability Science programme at Aalborg University unique?
- Combines problem-based learning, group-based project work, and learning through real world problems. This combination develops strong and independent candidates that are highly attractive to employers,
- Has a strong tradition for collaboration with external organisations throughout the study, e.g. during an internship. You will get hands-on experience, networking opportunities, and develop deep insight into practice during your studies,
- Creates synergy between environmental management and sustainability science; our graduates transcend barriers between disciplines of environmental product design, cleaner production, spatial planning, and natural resource management.
- Adds a strong institutional and governance perspective on the application of environmental management tools. You will learn to look beyond the way society handles environmental problems.
Design your own profile!
- Our strong and diverse group of researchers behind the programme allows you to develop your own personal competence profiles
- We support your profile design by individual mentoring by experienced staff throughout the study
- We actively engage future employers in advising the students on the relevant profile
More informationVisit official programme website
- Company Perspective
- Institutional and Societal Perspective
- Internship in an International Company or Organisation
- Master's Thesis Preparation
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSustainable Development Sustainable Energy Environmental Management View 11 other Masters in Sustainable Development in Denmark
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Admission to a Master’s programme – whether it is taught in English or Danish – requires:
- Successful completion of a relevant and recognised university Bachelor’s degree equivalent to a Danish Bachelor’s degree in level and length (180 ECTS).
- Successful fulfilment of specific admission requirements related to the relevant Master's degree programme.
- Successful fulfilment of language requirements, i.e. an AAU approved English test for Master’s programmes taught in English, and a Danish proficiency test (Studieprøven i Dansk) in case a programme is taught in Danish.
International13514 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6757 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.