Why choose this programme?
- Because you want to make increasingly intelligent systems which are able to understand, recognise and react to what it sees
- Because you want to improve the established connection between you and everyday technologies.
What does it contain?
Computer vision is a field which covers processing and analysis of images to give an understanding of what is captured by machines. Computer graphics covers all about displaying and how to represent things thanks to different methods supported by software and hardware. Finally, the interactive systems part is concerned with how to create and/or improve your experience of using your daily devices, for example the reaction of your TV, when you are browsing channels or how much fun it is to play the latest game on your phone.
These topics cover a large band of technologies and theories which will be a part of our future for sure.
How is it done?
- By combining theoretical knowledge gained from the courses with practical hands-on experience
- Semester projects centred on a general theme
- Semester courses (mandatory as well as elective)
- 1-2 weeks mini projects for particular subjects
- Well-equipped laboratories with all the necessary tools to build your project
- Helpful and open-minded teachers, willing to help you with your questions and ideas and to guide you through complex concepts.
The Vision, Graphics and Interactive Systems programme of Aalborg University is research-based and shifts between theory and practical project work, where you can apply the theories introduced in the lectures. Through the projects you will be designing and building software systems within the fields of Computer Vision, Graphics and Interactive Systems.
- Computer Graphics Programming
- User Experience Design for Multi-modal Interaction
- Machine Learning
- Algorithms, Data Structures and Software Engineering for Media Technology
- Numerical Scientific Computing
- Robot Vision
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesVisual Arts General Engineering & Technology Graphic Design View 3 other Masters in Visual Arts in Denmark
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Aalborg University and/or in Denmark, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- A bachelor's degree in Electronic Engineering, Computer Engineering or equivalent
- Diploma/Diploma Supplement (If you have not yet completed your Bachelor’s degree). The document must be signed and stamped by your home university.
- Bachelor’s degrees transcripts showing all grades and courses
- English test or an official receipt confirming that you have registered for a test
- Letter of motivation
- CV / Resume
- Official curriculum/syllabus for your Bachelor’s studies or another official description of your Bachelor’s degree in English
- Reference letters (optional)
- Receipt for paid application fee (only applies to non-EU citizens)
- Danish residence permit card and letter (only applies to non-EU citizens)
- Official description of the grading system from your home university
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
- Students from outside EU/EEA are required to pay tuition fees in order to study at Aalborg University.
Living costs for Aalborg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.