During the Water and Environmental Engineering programme of Aalborg University you will work with pollution of soil, groundwater, drinking water, wastewater, streams, lakes and fjords and how all of these systems are connected and affect each other – for example how lack of oxygen in fjords can be caused by human exploitation of the soil in the surrounding area and how floods can be caused by climate change. These types of interconnected environmental analyses make this study programme unique.
Job and Career
Engineers in the field of Water and Environmental Engineering have knowledge on hydraulics and modelling which can be used for instance in connection with examination of polluted areas. Examples of employers could be consulting engineer companies, public administration companies, environmental departments and universities.
You can work with e.g.:
- potential solutions that can help preserve our groundwater
- solutions for sewage treatment
- design and climate adaptation of sewer systems
- pollution of soil, groundwater protection and groundwater catchment in coastal areas
Your future job title could be:
- Development Engineer
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Hydrogeology and Groundwater Modelling
- Environmental Soil Science and Geostatistics
- Experimental Hydrology
- Hydrodynamics and Time Series Analysis of Environmental Flows
- Marine Pollution
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesHydrology & Water Management Sustainable Development Environmental Sciences View 12 other Masters in Sustainable Development in Denmark
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering (Civil Engineering with specialisation in Water and Environment), Aalborg University
- Bachelor of Science in Environmental Engineering, Aalborg University
- Bachelor of Science in Environmental Science, Aalborg University
- Bachelor of Science in Environmental Engineering, Technical University of Denmark
- Bachelor of Engineering in Civil Engineering with specialisation in Water and Environment, Aalborg University
- Bachelor of Engineering in Civil Engineering, Aalborg University (campus Esbjerg)
- Bachelor of Engineering in Civil Engineering with specialisation in Environmental Engineering, VIA University College
- Bachelor of Engineering in Supply Engineering, VIA University College
- Bachelor of Engineering in Civil and Structural Engineering (with specialisation in Environmental Engineering), Aarhus University
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
- Students from outside EU/EEA are required to pay tuition fees in order to study at Aalborg University.
Living costs for Aalborg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.