Design and analysis of buildings and infrastructures
Studying in the Structural and Civil Engineering programme of Aalborg University , you will work with the design and analysis of buildings and infrastructures. This includes land-based structures, offshore installations, harbours, coastal protection as well as structural design of devices for energy. One of the issues that will be addressed is the increasing demand for safety against environmental hazards such as earthquakes, floods and wind.
In your semester projects, you and your project group will work with complex and relevant issues in relation to structural and civil engineering, that challenge you to use all of your academic knowledge to come up with possible solutions. You are encouraged to occasionally collaborate with external organisations and businesses in your projects to get an idea of the work processes and current issues in the industry. This will prepare you better for your own work life after you graduate.
Job and Career
As a graduate from Structural and Civil Engineering, many professional fields are open to you. Your future job title could be consulting engineer, practicing engineer, coordinator, development engineer, researcher and/or teacher at a university etc.
Your work tasks may include:
- Construction of e.g. bridges, roads, houses, ocean windmills etc.
- Planning and administration of construction process
- Project management
- Reducing energy consumption
- Foundations of large constructions
- Design of indoor air-conditioning systems
- Calculations in relation to the construction or the construction process
- Choice of building materials
- Optimising the work environment
- Quality control
- Inspection of the building site for security purposes
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Structural Mechanics and Dynamics
- Material Modelling in Civil Engineering
- Fluid and Water Wave Dynamics
- Coastal, Offshore and Port Engineering
- Risk and Reliability in Engineering
- Advanced Structural Engineering
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction Materials Science & Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 49 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in Denmark
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Structural and Civil Engineering or the like
- Diploma/Diploma Supplement (If you have not yet completed your Bachelor’s degree). The document must be signed and stamped by your home university.
- Bachelor’s degrees transcripts showing all grades and courses
- English test or an official receipt confirming that you have registered for a test
- Letter of motivation
- CV / Resume
- Official curriculum/syllabus for your Bachelor’s studies or another official description of your Bachelor’s degree in English
- Reference letters (optional)
- Receipt for paid application fee (only applies to non-EU citizens)
- Danish residence permit card and letter (only applies to non-EU citizens)
- Official description of the grading system from your home university
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International13794 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6897 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per semester during 24 months.
- 51,300 DKK per semester
Living costs for Aalborg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.