During the MSc specialisation in Offshore Energy Systems from Aalborg University - Esbjerg, you will study technologies related to all different kinds of energy systems such as offshore wind turbines, offshore oil and gas production, wave energy, etc.The specialisation gives you insight into various technologies for energy transfer, harvesting and control of offshore energy systems. Also, you gain knowledge of how to design, analyse and model mechanical systems, fluid power systems and electrical systems with complex dynamics and elements with non-linear behaviour.
You will work with topics such as:
- Design, modelling and optimisation of energy systems used in various offshore energy applications
- Operation, functionality and interaction between the various components of offshore energy systems
- Systems integration with respect to both systems efficiency and control engineering aspects of offshore energy systems
- Developing, constructing and operating offshore energy systems in the laboratory and in real applications
- Practical realisation and implementation of offshore energy systems concerning both innovative aspects, business planning and economical considerations
Programme StructureCourses include:
- System Identification and Diagnosis
- Fluid and Water Wave Dynamics
- Probability Theory, Stochastic Processes and Applied Statistics
- Offshore Energy System Technology
- Control and Surveillance of Processes and Systems
- Dynamic Modelling of Electrical Machines and Control Systems
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnergy & Power Engineering General Engineering & Technology Sustainable Energy View 15 other Masters in Energy & Power Engineering in Denmark
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Applicants with a legal claim to admission are:
- Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Energy Engineering, Aalborg University, campus Esbjerg
Applicants without legal claim to admission are:
- Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Energy Engineering with the specialisation in Mechatronics, Aalborg University, campus Aalborg
- Bachelor of Engineering (BE) in Sustainable Energy Engineering with the specialisation in Mechatronics, Aalborg University, campus Aalborg
- Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Applied Industrial Electronics, Aalborg University, campus Esbjerg
- Bachelor of Engineering (BE) in Mechatronics with relevant elective courses, University of Southern Denmark (SDU), campus Sønderborg or similar
Living costs for Esbjerg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.