About the programme
The Electrical Power Systems and High Voltage Engineering programme of Aalborg University is a full-time study programme, which is characterised by problem based project work in groups. You will be working closely with other students most of the time, and you are required to be present at the university on a daily basis and spend a vast majority of your day there.
Electrical Energy engineers have a wide range of job opportunities. Graduates of the specialisation in Electrical Power Systems and High Voltage Engineering can work in project engineering, research, development and management in Danish and international industries or public institutions. Your future employer could be Vattenfall, Ørsted, Energinet, Vestas, Siemens Wind Power, KK-Wind Solutions, ABB, Siemens or the public sector.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Dynamic Modelling of Electrical Machines and Control Systems
- High Voltage Engineering and EMI/EMC
- Probability Theory, Stochastic Processes and Applied Statistics
- Control Theory and MATLAB
- Advanced Course in Electrical Power Systems
- Advanced Power Electronics and Applications
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering Energy & Power Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 49 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in Denmark
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Diploma/Diploma Supplement (If you have not yet completed your Bachelor’s degree). The document must be signed and stamped by your home university.
- Bachelor’s degrees transcripts showing all grades and courses
- English test or an official receipt confirming that you have registered for a test
- Letter of motivation
- CV / Resume
- Official curriculum/syllabus for your Bachelor’s studies or another official description of your Bachelor’s degree in English
- Reference letters (optional)
- Receipt for paid application fee (only applies to non-EU citizens)
- Danish residence permit card and letter (only applies to non-EU citizens)
- Official description of the grading system from your home university
International13656 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6828 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per semester during 24 months.
- 50,775 DKK per semester
Living costs for Aalborg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.