At Aalborg University - Esbjerg you can earn an internationally recognized Engineering degree. The Process Engineering and Combustion Technology specialisation primarily focuses on advanced competences in combustion technology, thermal energy systems, fluid mechanics and systems in Heat, Ventilation, Aircondition and Control (HVAC), including CFD and multiphase flows.
The specialisation provides opportunities to focus on both bio-energy to offshore oil and gas systems.
You will explore questions such as:
- Design, modelling and optimisation of thermal energy systems used in various energy production applications
- Operation, functionality and interaction between the various components of key combustion and process technologies
- Systems integration with respect to both systems efficiency and engineering aspects of thermal energy systems
- Development, construction and operation of combustion technologies and process systems in laboratory and in real applications
- Practical realisation and implementation of thermal energy technologies and systems concerning both innovative aspects, business planning and economic considerations.
Job and Career
Sustainable Energy engineers with the specialisation in Process Engineering and Combustion Technology at Aalborg University - Esbjerg have a wide range of career opportunities.
As a graduate, you can work in project engineering, research, development and management in Danish and international industries or public institutions.
Problem based learning and working in groups during your study programme will give you many useful skills that make you an attractive candidate on the job market.
You know how to approach a problem and solve it in collaboration with other people, which is often how things are done in the "real world".
Examples of possible employers:
- Energy companies such as Vattenfall and Ørsted
- Process engineering companies such as B&W Vølund
- A wide range of producers of high efficiency energy devices such as Grundfos, Dantherm Power
- Consultancies involved in energy technology and systems
- Maersk Oil & Gas
- Rambøll Oil & Gas
- Siemens Wind Power
- B&W Vølund
- A.P. Møller A/S
- Tjæreborg Industri A/S
Your work tasks may include:
- Integration of wind turbines
- Wind turbine operation
- Fuel cell systems
- Bio fuel combustion
- Bio energy systems (biogas or bio fuels)
- Hydraulic wave energy systems
- Offshore energy systems
- Development of underwater robots
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) and Multiphase Flow
- Fluid Mechanics and Compressible Flow
- Probability Theory, Stochastic Processes and Applied Statistics
- Process Simulation
- Combustion Technology and Chemical Reactors
- Optimisation Theory and Reliability
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnergy & Power Engineering Sustainable Development Sustainable Energy View 12 other Masters in Sustainable Energy in Denmark
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Applicants with a legal claim to admission are:
- Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Energy Engineering, Aalborg University, campus Esbjerg
Applicants without legal claim to admission are:
- Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Energy Engineering with the specialisation in Thermal Energy, Aalborg University, campus Aalborg
- Bachelor of Engineering (BE) in Sustainable Energy Engineering with the specialisation in Thermal Energy, Aalborg University, campus Aalborg
- Bachelor of Engineering (BE) in Mechanical Engineering with relevant elective courses, Aarhus University, campus Aarhus or similar
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International13540 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6770 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Esbjerg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.