One of the Best Engineering Courses in the World
If you take an engineering education at Aalborg University , you will attend one of the best engineering education in the world! In 2018, our engineering programs were named the fourth best in the world by 178 experts surveyed by the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT). At the same time, AAU was named the best engineering university in Europe for the second time in six months.
Waste water treatment and biorefinery production plants for recovery of valuable nutrients and biofuel production rely on biotechnology with regard to design and control of microbial and enzymatic processes. Inevitably, biotechnology is the key to a green and sustainable development of the World and our future lives.
Important theoretical and experimental areas of the Masters programme include microbial and cell cultures, bioactive molecules, experimental molecular biology and gene technology, genomics and bioinformatics.
The Biotechnology programme of Aalborg University is a full time study and you will experience that you spend most working hours at the university occupied with course teaching and experimental laboratory project work in groups with fellow students. During your Thesis project you will be involved in ongoing research and be part of a research group with faculty staff at the section of biotechnology.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Experimental Molecular Cell Biology
- Applied Molecular Cell Biology
- Genomics and Bioinformatics
- Protein Chemistry
- Bioresources and Sustainable Development
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Biotechnology Bioinformatics View 15 other Masters in Biology in Denmark
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- In general, admission to the International Programme in Biotechnology at the M.Sc. level requires a B.Sc. degree in relevant engineering or natural science disciplines.
- All applicants are evaluated individually by the Study Board in charge.
- Diploma/Diploma Supplement (If you have not yet completed your Bachelor’s degree). The document must be signed and stamped by your home university.
- Bachelor’s degrees transcripts showing all grades and courses
- English test or an official receipt confirming that you have registered for a test
- Letter of motivation
- CV / Resume
- Official curriculum/syllabus for your Bachelor’s studies or another official description of your Bachelor’s degree in English
- Reference letters (optional)
- Receipt for paid application fee (only applies to non-EU citizens)
- Danish residence permit card and letter (only applies to non-EU citizens)
- Official description of the grading system from your home university
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International13794 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6897 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per semester during 24 months.
- 51,300 DKK per semester
Living costs for Aalborg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.