First, the Master in Marketing and Transformative Economy from Università della Svizzera italiana (USI) brings marketing aims beyond customer satisfaction, to cater to individual and collective well-being.
This allows marketers to pursue new business opportunities by improving customers’ economic as well as emotional, environmental, physical, and psychological well-being.
Second, traditional marketing just focuses on market systems. This programme also covers new exchange systems, including access-based, circular, gift, and sharing economy, which have fostered gratuity, indirect reciprocity, and use as an alternative to ownership.
Last, marketers are today confronted with conflicting expectations (e.g., craftsmanship/mass-production, exclusivity/accessibility, proximity/global reach, human-touch/technological mediation). The Master tackles these challenges, by enriching economic thinking with cultural and social understanding.
Graduates can aspire to enter companies of different size in a plethora of marketing positions.
Due to its uniqueness, the Master helps join both traditional marketing-oriented companies and innovative enterprises active in emerging market systems.
Due to its focus on well-being, the Master supports candidates to enter either well-being-driven industries (e.g. arts & culture, financial services, sport, food & beverage, insurances, healthcare, pharma) or public and non-profit organizations, whose mandate is to pursue customer welfare.
- Economics of Well-being
- Orthodox and Critical Perspectives in Marketing
- Corporate Strategy
- Consumer Vulnerability and Well-being
- Organizational Behaviour
- Digital Challenges in Marketing and Big Data
- Communication Law
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesEconomics Marketing Management Studies View 80 other Masters in Management Studies in Switzerland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- By attending in person, during the Master’s studies, a selection of our Bachelor’s courses and taking the exams during the regular sessions. The credits have to be earned before the end of the third semester.
- By self-studying a selection of our Bachelor’s courses. In this case, the instructors of the assigned courses provide specific readings. Exams are organized when the student is ready. The courses are defined by the Master’s academic director. The reading and the evaluation are in English.
- By attending Bachelor's courses at another recognised University prior to starting the Master’s studies.
International7420 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7420 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA7420 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7420 EUR per year during 24 months.
- National: CHF 2000
- International: CHF 4000
Living costs for Lugano
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.