Following an integrated One Health approach, the Tropical Animal Health programme at Institute of Tropical Medicine Antwerp (ITM) focuses on the relationships between infectious and parasitic diseases of animals and humans (zoonoses), diseases and ecosystem health in order to improve disease control strategies, ecosystem sustainability, food security and rural development.
It will support the building of capacity to meet the challenges to the health of people, livestock and wildlife at such interfaces and at the same time building capacity that can influence the policy process to increase recognition and realization of the One Health concept when dealing with livestock, human and wildlife diseases in the tropics.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses included:
- Research methodology in animal health
- Geographical information systems
- Laboratory diagnosis
- Control of vector-borne parasitic diseases
- Control of viral and bacterial infectious diseases
- Control of helminthic diseases
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A primary university degree (min. 4 years) equivalent to 240 ECTS
- At least two years of professional experience relevant to the course.
- Proficiency in the course language.
- Computer literacy
- A signed hard-copy of the application form.
- A certified copy of the university diploma.
- An authenticated transcript of records
- 1 passport photograph.
- A copy of the passport.
- A statement on computer literacy (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- A letter of consent from the employer, stating the agreement with the enrolment in the course.
- 3 letters of recommendation of persons who can evaluate the applicant’s academic and/or professional career.
International5610 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11220 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
EU/EEA2730 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5460 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
Living costs for Antwerpen
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.