The European Studies program from LUISS University has a professionalizing outlook and provides students holding at least a Bachelor’s Degree (or Italy’s "Laurea Triennale") with broad yet specific proficiencies in the working procedures of European institutions and in policy areas linked with the EU, such as Migration, Security, Euro-Zone politics or the Common Market.
The Master combines a binary theoretical and practical approach. Students will be able to understand the political, economic and cultural dynamics among the EU actors, as well as between the EU and external actors, getting an excellent preparation for an employment with many of these actors, such as Institutions, Organizations and private employers.
The European Studies program from LUISS University provides you with:
- practical trainings on E.P.S.O. selection procedures, POLICY ADVISE, EU PROJECT MANAGEMENT and a special SIMULATION EXERCISE on Negotiation and Decisionmaking in EU institutions
- a seminar-style teaching approach with a small class of max. 25 students
- a particular focus on the political and economic problems of the Mediterranean Area
- an international ambience with students from many different countries
- access to the facilities of one of Italy's top class higher education institutes
- excellent academic competency and experience provided by an international faculty
- strong professional links and networking activites amidst regular meetings with EU professional experts and practitioners
- access to national and international institutions based in Rome
- European Politics since 1945
- Reforming European Institutions and Democracy
- European Macroeconomics
- Policies and Policy-making in the EU
- Migration Politics in the Mediterranean Area
- International Business in the Mediterranean Area
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at LUISS University and/or in Italy, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
Applicants need to fill out the online form uploading also:
- a detailed CV with list of academic courses and professional experiences (in English or Italian);
- a motivation letter explaining their motivation in attending the Master in European Studies.
Candidates should complete their application by providing the Selection Committee with:
- a University transcript (certificato di laurea con lista degli esami) or provisional self-certification;
- one reference letter (or contact of a potential referee);
- where applicable, a certificate of English proficiency (TOEFL, IELTS or by another recognized language institute); once the application has been submitted, all candidates have to do a selection interview either by phone or, if arrangeable, in person at the School of Government, in order to further assess their English proficiency;
- a copy of the applicant’s national ID card or passport.
International8000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8000 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
EU/EEA8000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8000 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Roma
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.