The Master of Science in Counseling Psychology and Psychotherapy at American College of Greece balances theoretical perspectives with the application of techniques and approaches, aiming to train students who wish to work with a variety of client/patient groups in various settings.
The program prepares participants to conduct assessment, prevention, and interventions for psychological difficulties, and to serve the profession and the client by offering high-quality services based on theory, high ethical integrity, and empirically validated practices.
Student develop specialized knowledge and competencies, and gradually adopt a range of roles relating to the practice of counseling psychology. Professional skills are initially developed through pre-practicum experiences (as part of coursework) and, following, through the completion of at least 700 hours of supervised practical training in mental health settings.
Students must successfully complete 17 graduate-level courses, 2 graduate-level experiential workshops, 4 practicum seminars, representing a total of 54 US credits, carry out at least 700 hours of practical training, and undertake at least 40 hours of personal counseling/psychotherapy.
In the first year, the program aims to provide the student with core theoretical and research knowledge in areas relating to Counseling Psychology. In the second year, students enroll in skill-based courses from different theoretical orientations, are assigned to supervised practicum(s) (700 hours) and complete the research thesis.
Programme StructureCourse include:
- Principles of Counseling & Personal Development
- Psychological Testing & Assessment
- Biological Basis of Behavior
- Professional & Ethical Issues in Counseling & Psychotherapy
- Qualitative Research
- Interviewing Techniques
- Diversity Workshop
- Advanced Analysis & Interpretation of Behavioral Data
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Completed application form and personal statements (approximately 500 words), which may be submitted online
- Two recommendation letters (at least one from an academic source and one from an employer)
- Official college/university transcript of undergraduate (and graduate if available) degree(s) from an accredited institution
- Evidence of proficiency in English
- Each applicant for admission must submit two letters of recommendation. At least one of the references must be from an academic source. One letter from an employer is highly recommended. A letter from a family member or a friend is not admissible.
International7290 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14580 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
EU/EEA7290 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14580 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
- North American Citizens: $17,550
Living costs for Athens
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.