- You will benefit from exceptional teaching by enthusiastic human rights specialists and will acquire essential practical skills required in the field, eg advanced research training, campaign design and impact evaluation. You will also be supported in preparing your dissertation, in which you will research an area of interest in depth.
- You will have the opportunity to arrange a placement in a human rights organisation, increasing your employability in the field.
- Lively discussion is encouraged, with visiting speakers, leading academics and figures from human rights and international organisations contributing to the debate.
What will you study?
During the Human Rights course at Kingston University, you will look at the organisations and activities involved in the protection of human rights. You will explore social and campaigning movements, pressure groups, nation states, international and transnational organisations, and examine the scope of their contributions to the development of human rights and social justice.
You will analyse current international situations and relations between states and non-state organisations where conflicts have resulted in considerable violations of human rights.
You will investigate the challenges and demands that arise from the continual movements of peoples, refugees, asylum seekers and migrants who flee conflicts and disasters, seeking realisation of their fundamental rights.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Strategies for Achieving Human Rights
- Human Rights: Architectures, Actors, Activism
- Research Skills and Dissertation/Project Proposal
- Politics Dissertation
- Working within the Human Rights Movement
- Terrorism, Political Violence and Human Rights
- From State to Global Politics
- Conflict Theory and Resolution
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
We encourage you to apply as soon as possible, applications will close when the course is full.
DisciplinesInternational Law View 342 other Masters in International Law in United Kingdom
One or more of the following:
- a second class degree or above or equivalent; and/or
- relevant non-certified learning or work experience
- We particularly welcome applications from people working in human rights organisations.
International14500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14500 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA8190 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8190 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Home and European Union:
- MA part time: £4,504
Overseas (not EU):
- MA part time: £7,975
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.