The Master of Statistics and Data Science programme from KU Leuven continues the tradition and attractiveness of the time-honored and high-quality statistics training offered at KU Leuven, enriched by a range of top-notch data science courses. As such, you will be able to tailor the program according to your needs and interests. The programme can either be followed fully on-campus or in a blended (online) format. You have to choose between one of these two formats.
To tailor the programme to your needs and interests, you choose courses from one of the following tracks:
- Statistics and Data Science for Biometrics
- Statistics and Data Science for Social, Behavioural and Educational Sciences
- Statistics and Data Science for Business
- Statistics and Data Science for Industry
- Theoretical Statistics and Data Science
- Interdisciplinary Statistics and Data Science
- European Master of Official Statistics
The applications of statistics and data science are very diverse, just like your professional options. As a highly skilled statistician and data science expert, you'll be recruited by industry, banks or government institutions. Many graduates go on to designing clinical trials and supporting the biomedical sector, coaching research for new medicines, setting up and analysing psychological tests and surveys, performing financial risk analyses, statistically managing R&D projects and quality controls, or developing statistical software.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Privacy and Big Data
- Science Communication and Outreach
- Science and Sustainability: a Socio-Ecological Approach
- Statistical Software
- Multivariate Statistics
- Linear Models
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesStatistics Data Science & Big Data View 3 other Masters in Statistics in Belgium
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- To be eligible for this master’s programme, you must have obtained an academic bachelor’s degree with at least two courses in introductory statistics. Results of a GRE test should be submitted with your application.
- You also have to provide evidence of your English proficiency.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International3900 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3900 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA980 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 980 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Leuven
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.