With an explicit focus on European countries and the European Union, and the comparative aspect of research, MEPP is a rigorous and valuable course for individuals interested in the EU and Europe.
This one-year, postgraduate Master in European Studies - Transnational and Global Perspectives at KU Leuven has an explicit European and comparative orientation, which includes the study of institutions, decision-making and policies of the European Union on the one hand, and the analysis of convergence and divergence of public sector problems and solutions in European countries on the other. In promoting comparative approaches, MEPP not only seeks to strengthen cognitive capacities and analytical skills, but also to foster an open-minded attitude towards diversity.
This intensive, one-year programme is the ideal preparation for a career in the field of European policy and public administration.
Graduated students go on to pursue a number of interesting careers at all levels of governments (federal, local, regional) and in European and international institutions or interest groups. Graduates also find careers in non-governmental organisations, pressure groups and the private sector.
The MEPP-programme can also be considered as a preparation for PhD research in political science and public administration.
- European Union Policy-making
- Public Governance, Administration and Society
- Public Management Reform
- Success and Failure of European Policy Implementation
- EU Interest Representation and Lobbying
- Current Issues in European Politics, Policy and Government
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies European Studies View 13 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in Belgium
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Diploma(s)/transcripts and legalized translation: The applicant must upload PDF scans of his/her original diploma(s) and transcript(s) of academic records. If the documents are not in English, Dutch, French or German, please arrange for the documents to be translated by a registered translator. These documents must also be certified by the educational institution that issued them or by a national authority. If the applicant has not graduated yet, a proof of provisional graduation issued by the university and the intermediate official transcript(s) should be uploaded.
- Grade Translation: A document explaining the grading system of the country (i.e. comparing the grades to numeric score) should be added .
- CV and Letter of Motivation: A two-page letter in English
- Experience Statement: Statement (and if possible, proof) on previous research experience, experience with writing papers or a dissertation, preferably in English.
- ID or Passport scan
International3600 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3600 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA961 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 961 EUR per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Leuven
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.