The Faculty of Horticulture and Biotechnology from the Warsaw University of Life Sciences aims at providing students with a comprehensive knowledge of modern horticulture, including growing and postharvest technologies of horticultural crops grown in temperate climate – vegetable crops, medicinal plants, fruits, ornamental plants, knowledge of integrated pest management, pro-ecological production, biotechnological methods, landscape protection, etc.
The specialization in General Horticulture has been established to provide students with understanding of biological background in growing horticultural crops and postharvest “life” of vegetables, fruits and ornamental plants. The programme aims also to introduce students to the up-to-date knowledge of environmental-friendly and ecological methods of production of vegetables, fruits and medicinal plants, their storage and postharvest technologies, of using ornamental plants in human environment as well as knowledge of integrated pest management (IPM).
- Students are acquainted with the principles of sustainable horticulture, processes influencing biological value of plant produce.
- In addition, they gain the skills how to plan and organize production and storage of horticultural crops, as well as how to arrange human environment with ornamental plants.
- They obtain the diploma: Master of Sciences in Horticulture (Magister in?ynier ogrodnictwa).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Obligatory subjects, offered during three semesters of the studies:
- Suistanable horticulture;
- Molecular biology;
- Natural and legal basis of landscape and ecological infrastructure protection;
- Advanced information technologies;
- Modern technologies in plant production;
- The microworld of fungi.
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesHorticulture View 3 other Masters in Horticulture in Poland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- diploma of the first-cycle studies (Bachelor's degree or equivalent) in the field of horticulture;
- diploma of related field of the first cycle studies (Bachelor's degree or equivalent), for which the effects of education are convergent with the learning outcomes expected from candidates; if the convergence is incomplete, the student will be obliged to supplement the competence gaps by completing the subjects specified during the interview, in an amount not exceeding 30 ECTS, which is the limit of admissible discrepancy;
- the average grade from first-cycle studies;
International1928 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 964 EUR per semester during 18 months.
EU/EEA1928 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 964 EUR per semester during 18 months.
Living costs for Warsaw
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.