International Master Study Programme Forest Information Technology (FIT) is a joint initiative of the Faculty of Forestry of Warsaw University of Life Sciences-SGGW (WULS-SGGW) in Warsaw, Poland, and the Faculty of Forestry and Environment of the University of Sustainable Development Eberswalde (USDE).
This is a double-degree, joint curriculum programme taught in English that enables its participants to achieve the Master of Science degree from both partner universities. FIT is an interdisciplinary education offer with its main focus on environmental information technologies (IT), forest ecosystem research, forest management and landscape research.
- Students will be enabled to detect relevant IT application areas and to plan and to technologically promote corresponding innovation processes.
- Students learn to solve complex problems based on a deepened and extended understanding of structures, processes and relationships within ecosystems, landscapes as well as within the sphere of forestry and based on a broad spectrum of scientific methods and tools for the collection, analysis, storage, visualization and communication of environmental data.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- First semester is placed at the USDE and characterized by impartation of basic knowledge of environmental information technologies. Second semester takes place at WULS-SGGW and focuses on the impartation of continuative knowledge of environmental information technologies including specific silvicultural contents.
- During the third semester an independent research project is planned at WULS-SGGW, USDE or other partner institution in Germany, Poland or abroad, accompanied with a range of elective courses. Fourth semester is devoted mostly to Master thesis preparation.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor degree or comparable in forestry, biology, agriculture, landscape planning or related Natural Sciences.
- Confirmed knowledge of English language.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Warsaw
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.