Why study MA Multilingualism, Linguistics and Education at Goldsmiths, University of London?
- You learn how the English language and other languages are structured and used in a range of cultural settings, and how to support the literacy and learning development of students from multilingual backgrounds.
- The course offers critical engagement with theory, policy and practice, and students benefit from intellectual debates in the disciplines of both education and linguistics.
- Whether you’re a manager, teacher, researcher, or in another profession related to language and education, this degree will help you develop and add value to your professional life.
- You'll gain experience in language teaching, either as an additional or second foreign language, and achieve a wider theoretical knowledge base by exploring topics such as intercultural communication, English language teaching, teaching languages from a multilingual perspective, and race, ethnicity and cultural diversity in education.
- You'll be eligible to apply for one of three international exchange places at our partner institution, the Federal University of Bahia (Salvador, Brazil). This will not require paying additional tuition fees, and – if successful – you will receive a grant for living expenses while in Salvador, provided by Erasmus+ and the UK National Agency.
You will acquire a wide-ranging understanding of educational and linguistic policy and research, especially with respect to multilingual settings. You will also develop your critical thinking, communication and research skills.
Teaching (especially language teaching or teaching in multilingual environments), administration and/or management of educational and language policy, publishing, the civil service, the media.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- English in a Multilingual World
- Language in its Sociocultural Context
- Biculturalism and Bilingualism in Education
- Teaching Languages in Multilingual Contexts
- Intercultural Discourse & Communication
- Core Issues in English Language & Linguistics
- Language & Ideology in Written Discourse
- Analysing Discourse & Identity in Spoken Interaction
- English as a Lingua Franca and Language Teaching
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- We encourage you to complete your application as early as possible, even if you haven't finished your current programme of study
DisciplinesEducation Languages Linguistics View 481 other Masters in Languages in United Kingdom
- You should have (or expect to be awarded) an undergraduate degree of at least upper second class standard in education, linguistics, or another relevant subject.
- You might also be considered for some programmes if you aren’t a graduate or your degree is in an unrelated field, but have relevant experience and can show that you have the ability to work at postgraduate level.
International15360 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15360 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
National8370 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8370 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
- National - part-time: £4185
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.