The curriculum is enriched by a broad view of musical styles and genres, exploiting the diversity of a repertoire that encompasses Western classical music, popular and world music.
Kingston is just 30 minutes from central London, a major centre of the cultural arts in the UK, allowing easy access to music venues, events, studios, labels and publishers.
After you graduate
The Music Performance course at Kingston University combines compositional and practical skills, alongside theoretical knowledge; graduates become well equipped for a broad range of careers, including:
- performing professionally;
- teaching in school;
- higher education;
- instrumental teaching;
- outreach work; and
- educational workshops.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Critical Aspects of Performance Presentation
- Performance Studies
- Advanced Production of Popular Music
- Composing and Marketing Popular Music
- Constructing Music Education in the UK
- International Music Education: Psychology, Culture and Philosophy
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
We encourage you to apply as soon as possible, applications will close when the course is full.
DisciplinesHistory Music View 606 other Masters in History in United Kingdom
- A good honours degree in music from either the UK or abroad (this may be in a specialist field such as popular music, performance or music technology). Typical entry qualifications are an honours degree in music at 2.2 or above (2.1 preferred).
- We will ask applicants to submit an online portfolio of a good recording of two contrasting performances on Soundcloud or Youtube.
- Where an applicant can produce evidence of relevant experiential learning (eg work as a professional performer, composer or producer), it may be possible to consider a good honours degree in a subject other than music or advanced study in a conservatoire (which has not led to a degree) in lieu of a music degree.
International16800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16800 GBP per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA7685 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7685 GBP per year during 12 months.
Home and European Union
- MMus part time £4,227
- MMus full time £9,240
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.