This course may be taken as a stand-alone programme, and is ideal if you wish to extend your knowledge in some specific area of Management Science, or if you have extensive practical experience and wish to research on the more theoretical aspects of the work.
The Management Science programme at Lancaster University - Management School involves a mixture of taught modules, and a supervised research project and literature review.
The MRes programme entails taking the core modules listed on the next tab, as well as appropriate lectures and assessments drawn from the taught postgraduate programmes in the Department of Management Science or the wider School.
If you are intending to specialise in Operational Research, the modules will be drawn from those offered in the Department's postgraduate programmes. If you are considering Operations Management, Systems and Information Management, the MRes will include appropriate modules from other programmes within the Management School. These will be chosen by agreement between you and the programme director, based upon your intended field of research and gaps in your current knowledge.
Coursework takes up to 40% of the programme. The remainder of the year is spent undertaking a literature review and a supervised research project and dissertation.
- Research Methods
- Research Design in Management
- Searching for Information in Management Research
- MRes in Management Science Dissertation
- The Production of Managerial Knowledge II: Analysing management in practice
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesManagement Studies Human Resource Management Innovation Management View 264 other Masters in Human Resource Management in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The assessment procedures for the taught components are the same as for the taught MSc programmes. A dissertation must be submitted by mid-September.
- You will join a group of high-potential scholars from across the world. Together you will learn how to use advanced technical skills to solve real problems and find new ways to move forward. We combine taught and research elements to develop a focused approach to research. You will study research methodologies, techniques and design approaches in organisational settings.
International25360 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25360 GBP per year during 12 months.
National13650 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13650 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Lancaster
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.