The Music course at Kingston University introduces research methods and a broad range of issues in music. You will be able to choose from an extensive list of option modules, with subjects based in music education, performance, composing for media, and music production.
Through a major project, you will focus on a particular area of your choice. This project may be written or may be a composition folio.
The nature of Kingston's Music MA, which combines theoretical knowledge and practical skills across a broad musical curriculum, means graduates are equipped for a wide range of careers, including in:
- music and arts administration;
- the music business;
- school, higher education and instrumental teaching;
- outreach work and educational workshops;
- music composition and arranging;
- professional performance and conducting;
- music publishing.
The high level of research and transferable skills you acquire during your studies also makes careers in the wider commercial and business environments available to you.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Production of Popular Music
- Commercial Music
- Composing and Marketing Popular Music
- Constructing Music Education in the UK
- Critical Reflection on Musical Performance
- International Music Education: Psychology, Culture and Philosophy
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
We encourage you to apply as soon as possible, applications will close when the course is full.
DisciplinesMusic Musicology View 267 other Masters in Music in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A 2:2 or above honours degree in music from either the UK or abroad (this may be in a specialist field such as popular music, music education or music technology).
- We may ask applicants to submit an essay as evidence of strength in written work, and applicants who wish to specialise in composition in the Major Project must submit a folio of three representative compositions.
- Where an applicant can produce evidence of relevant experiential learning (eg work as a professional performer or composer), it may be possible to consider a good honours degree in a subject other than music or advanced study in a conservatoire (which has not led to a degree) in lieu of a music degree.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International17700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17700 GBP per year during 12 months.
National8770 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8770 GBP per year during 12 months.
UK students tuition fees:
- MA part time £4,823
International students tuition fees:
- MA part time £9,735
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.