This Quantitative Finance programme at Lancaster University - Management School will provide you with analytical, technical and programming skills relevant to the analysis of risk and return in financial institutions and large corporations. In addition, our new modules are tailored to prepare you for your future career, with new optional modules in Python and R Programming, as well as in Stochastic Calculus, Investment and Market Risk Forecasting and Control.
Learning outcomesThere is considerable variety in the teaching methods used on the MSc in Quantitative Finance. These include lectures and discussion sessions, groupwork, case studies, presentations and workshops on the use of statistical packages.The style of teaching is often highly interactive, so you will be contributing actively to class discussions and engaging in groupwork with students from many different backgrounds. As some of the modules are shared with other faculties and Management School programmes such as Money, Banking and Finance, Management Science and Finance, you will also have an opportunity to work with Masters students from many different programmes.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Quantitative Finance in Practice
- Foundations of Financial Markets
- Financial Stochastic Processes
- Statistical Methods for Financial and Economic Applications
- Spreadsheet Modelling for Quantitative Finance
- Derivatives Pricing
- Financial Econometrics
- Advanced Investment Management
- Professional Ethics: Standards in Finance and Accounting Practice
- Market Risk Forecasting and Control
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesFinance Taxation View 15 other Masters in Taxation in United Kingdom
- 2:1 (UK Hons) degree or equivalent in Numerate subject such as Physics, Mathematics, Statistics, Management Science, Engineering.
- Familiarity at undergraduate level with topics such as probability and statistics, calculus and linear algebra is essential. It is recommended for your previous studies to have covered the following modules: Maths – Calculus, Probability, Statistics, Linear Algebra (Matrices); Physics, Econometrics, Game Theory, Risk Theory, Operations Research, Complex Functions, Stochastic Processes, Signal Processing, Actuarial Science, Simulation, Computer Science and Engineering.
International21900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21900 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Lancaster
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.