Today, cities are dynamic and fast-growing. They can pose challenging governance questions. Professionals who possess the right knowledge and skills to tackle complex urban governance and development issues are therefore urgently needed to develop sustainable governance policies.
This unique master in Urban Governance from Erasmus University Rotterdam is a collaboration between the Department of Public Administration and the Institute of Housing and Urban Development Studies (IHS), combining Public Administration expertise on urban policy, politics and governance with Urban Planning and Management expertise.
Graduates are able to both analyse governance issues and develop strategies for the management and design of urban policy and governance processes. Alumni of our programme become project managers working on urban development, policymakers or advisors working at the local, regional, national and international level for both public and private organizations on themes such as mobility, sustainability, city planning, infrastructure and citizen participation.
- Urban governance
- Governing Urban Economic Growth and Innovation
- Policy innovation in complex systems
- Working groups urban governance lab
- Strategic Public Management
- Managing Interactive Governance
- Spatiality and Justice in Urban Governance
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesPublic Administration Sustainable Development Public Policy View 13 other Masters in Public Administration in Netherlands
- You have obtained a bachelor diploma from a university in the Netherlands; or
- You have obtained a pre-university education (VWO) diploma and English was one of the subjects included in the assessment conferring that diploma and graded a 7.0 or higher; or
- You have obtained a diploma of International Baccalaureate (valid for 5 years); or
- You are a native speaker of English (i.e. a national of one of the following countries: Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, United Kingdom and the United States of America) and you have obtained a diploma of secondary education in English for at least 2,5 years in one of the above countries; or
- You have obtained your diploma of higher education in English (the entire programme) in one of the following countries: Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, United Kingdom or the United States of America.
International15700 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15700 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
EU/EEA2209 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2209 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
- €12.400 (Institutional fee: Dutch / EEA students)
Living costs for Rotterdam
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.