On this Forensic Accounting (Distance Learning) (3 Year) course at University of Portsmouth , you'll unpack the core areas of forensic accounting, including dispute and litigation support, expert witnessing, fraud examination and regulatory investigations. You'll learn to apply your expert skills in business valuation, assessment of economic damages, proceeds of crime and fraud.
Once you graduate, you'll have all the tools you need for a rewarding career in forensic accounting within law firms, enforcement agencies and accountancy practices.
What you'll experience
On this course, you'll:
- Investigate real-life case studies and learn the processes involved in compiling your own case, like gathering and presenting evidence and preparing expert reports
- Study exciting topics including corporate integrity and management control, fraud and forensic analysis, cybercrime, and interviewing and testimony
- Participate in webchats to discuss your work with expert staff and researchers, lecturers and other students. You'll also be supported by a personal tutor throughout the course of your studies (Distance Learning only)
- Complete a research project of your choice, to demonstrate your subject knowledge, analytical abilities and problem-solving skills
- Have the chance to use the University’s Bloomberg terminals to monitor and analyse company financial information
- Have 24/7 access to our library’s extensive electronic resources, including online ejournals and newspapers
Careers and opportunities
The MSc Forensic Accounting degree course will help you sharpen your accounting skills for use in civil, criminal and corporate litigation, and you'll learn the processes and procedures needed to investigate financial crime and regulatory compliance cases.
When you graduate, you'll be well placed for a career in dispute and litigation support, fraud examination, or forensic accounting and regulatory investigations.
Your degree can open doors to roles with:
- Financial regulatory authorities
- Law firms
- Accountancy practices
- Law enforcement agencies
We'll provide you with as much support as possible in finding employment through close industrial contacts, careers events, recruitment fairs and individual advice.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Core units include:
- Financial Analysis
- Statistics & Data Modelling
- Corporate Governance & Ethics
- Data Concepts & Management
- Expert Witnessing & Dispute Resolution
- Valuations and the Expert Report
- Data Processing & Visualisation
- Financial Crime & the Law
- Fraud Examination and Forensic Investigations
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 30 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesAccounting Forensic Accounting View 3 other Masters in Forensic Accounting in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A second-class honours degree or equivalent qualification and/or equivalent professional experience.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.