During the programme in Chemical Engineering at the University of Twente (UT) you will benefit from our close ties with high profile research institute and lab facilities, including the the High Pressure Lab, the MESA+ Institute for Nanotechnology and the Technical Medical Centre. You will fulfil the role of junior researcher from early on in the programme, giving presentations, writing articles and getting involved in grant applications. It is a highly international programme. You will write and present in English and have the opportunity to complete an internship abroad.
With a Master’s degree in Chemical Engineering to your name you will have the opportunity to pursue a wide range of challenging careers. These may involve the development and design of novel chemical processes and new materials or products in one of many sectors: chemicals, metals, electronics, sustainable energy, water purification, food, cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, biomedical technology, engineering or government.
A wide variety of positions will be open to you, including:
- process engineer
- process developer
- secondary school teacher
This programme holds NVAO accreditation.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
The programme offers two specializations, each focusing on a key aspect of chemical engineering:
- Chemical & Process Engineering, which focuses on designing processes that deliver optimum performance in terms of technology, economy, environment and meeting society’s needs;
- Molecular & Materials Engineering, which centres on the design, manufacture, application and characterization of new materials and (bio)molecular structures with high-tech features.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesChemical Engineering Chemistry General Engineering & Technology View 5 other Masters in Chemical Engineering in Netherlands
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering or Chemistry
- Knowledge of the following topics: calculus and analysis, linear algebra, integration and differential equations
- Copy of diploma
- Transcript of records and CGPA of at least 75% of the maximum score, or your country's equivalent
- Course descriptions
- English summary of thesis (BSc or MSc)
- Sufficient mastery of the English language
- Clear motivation goals
- Motivation letter (max 1,000 words)
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International16250 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 16250 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA2168 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2168 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
The University of Twente offers excellent students the possibility to enrol in UT master’s programmes with a scholarship. These scholarships vary from government grants to funding by organizations or private persons. In addition, faculties and the University of Twente Scholarship Foundation (UTS) offer a limited number of scholarships to excellent students.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.