Connected devices are forecast to rise to 25 billion by 2025, a quarter of these in Europe. Every 11 seconds there is a ransomware attack in the world. In 2021, ransomware attacks alone are estimated to have cost the world roughly €20 billion.
The CYBERUS Erasmus Mundus Master in Cybersecurity, or CYBERUS, is the joint response by Université Bretagne Sud - UBS (Lorient, France), Université du Luxembourg - UL (Luxembourg) and Université Libre de Bruxelles – ULB (Brussels, Belgium), in conjunction with Tallinn University of Technology - TalTech (Tallinn, Estonia) and some 50 universities, research centres, state agencies, companies and business clusters worldwide to address these types of cybersecurity threats. It offers two tracks – IoT cybersecurity and Sofware Cybersecurity – and it includes compulsory international mobility.
The Erasmus Mundus Joint Master in Cybersecurity degree at University of Luxembourg has been selected for funding by the EU to be an Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree (EMJMD). An EMJMD is a prestigious, integrated, international study programme, jointly delivered by an international consortium of higher education institutions. It aims to enhance the attractiveness and excellence of European higher education in the world and attract talent to Europe, through a combination of:
- Institutional academic cooperation to showcase European excellence in higher education,
- And individual mobility for all students taking part in the EMJM, with EU-funded scholarships for the best students applying.
As a CYBERUS graduate, you who will be able to hold diverse positions depending on your chosen specialisation track and your final internship such as: cybersecurity engineer, cybersecurity analyst/assessor, security architect, security product integrator, penetration tester, software developer/engineer, cryptographer, malware analyst, application security expert.
After a few years’ experience, you will be able to assume managerial, consultancy or research roles: chief information security officer (CISO), cybersecurity consultant, cybersecurity manager/administrator, researcher, university professor. The skills students acquire will enable them to work in a wide array of domains such as (secure) telecommunications between objects (car key, remote control, telephones, etc.), (secure) banking transactions and encryption of information, (secure) insurance operations and insurance contracts for cyber risks, (secure) energy provision, medical devices (pacemakers, insulin pumps, monitoring devices), transport (autonomous cars, airplane electronics), and safe Internet browsing (cyberspace security, virus detection).
Programme StructureIt offers 2 specialisation tracks leading to double master’s degrees:
- IoT Cybersecurity (between UBS and ULB): security of digital objects/equipment, of their design and of their connections,
- Software Cybersecurity (between UBS and UL): security of applications, systems and programming.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Cyber Security
We are not aware of any specific GRE, GMAT or GPA grading score requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Luxembourg and/or in Luxembourg, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV), based on the English template from the Europass website,
- Proof of identity and nationality,
- Copy of residential registration form,
- Copy of the original (and certified translation if the document is not issued in English or French) university diplomas, including diploma supplement if any,
- Copy of the original (and certified translation if the document is not issued in English or French) official transcripts of study results from university, starting after high school.
- Official proof from the student’s university that they are in the top 10% of their class. This should be on signed letterheaded paper and bear an official stamp.
- Copy of professional cybersecurity certifications if relevant.
International4500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4500 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA4500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4500 EUR per year during 24 months.
The annual registration fee is €4,500. It includes an International Health and Accident Insurance and it covers all compulsory academic activities but neither travel, food nor lodging.
Living costs for Luxembourg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
In order for us to give you accurate scholarship information, we ask that you please confirm a few details and create an account with us.
Below you will find Master's scholarship opportunities for Erasmus Mundus Joint Master in Cybersecurity.
You are eligible to apply for these scholarships but a selection process will still be applied by the provider.