Skills and knowledge connected to the activities of R&D in the biomedical sector are the main targets of the BME&D Master (Master iSanté in French).
The biomedical sector requires an increasing capacity to evolve in a multicultural environment specifically at the interface between engineering and health, where exchanges and communication with the practitioners are essential. Besides, the basic skills in science and engineering are compulsory for the engineer in the biomedical sector. These competencies will be adapted and specialized to this sector during the BioMedical Engineering & Design programme from École Nationale Supérieure des Mines de Saint-Étienne.
The graduated will work both in the upstream and the downstream of the sector and at the interfaces between the manufacturers and the end users. The sector concerns the international R&D in the branch of health industry.
Graduates may work at the crossroads between healthcare providers, manufacturers and end users, in some of these sectors:
- Engineering of medical devices,
- Design of implants, prostheses,
- Biomedical instrumentation,
- Medical textiles,
- Development of medicines,
- Bio-electronic devices,
- Healthcare engineering
The Master content provides students with the background and the specific requirements to lead projects in the biomedical field, or to join a PhD.
- Introduction to biology
- Medical diagnosis tools
- Medical image analysis and processing
- Nano-medicine, nano-toxicity
- Healthcare engineering
Innovation in Healthcare system
- Innovation and project management in pharmaceutical industry
- Regulation in health sector
Elective 1 course among the following list
- Medical image analysis and processing 2
- Regenerative medicine (Bone, Cartilage, Cornea, soft Tissues)
- Human movement Mechanical models
- Ergometry & Biomechanics
- Autonomous nervous system
- Exercises, aging, metabolic disorder
- Child exercise physiology
Semester-long research project
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Design View 12 other Masters in Bio & Biomedical Engineering in France
- Prior successful completion of a first year of a Master’s Degree in theoretical and / or applied science, or equivalent diploma (at the home university or Ecole des Mines) /or 240 ECTS validated
- Level B1 (CEFRL-Common European Framework of Reference for Languages) in French language is required for students joining graduate engineering programs and Masters of Science taught in French.
- A good command of English is mandatory for all programs specifically the Masters taught in English.
International6666 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3333 EUR per semester and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA6666 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3333 EUR per semester and a duration of 12 months.
Total tuition fee: €10,000
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.