At the Robert Gordon University studying the MSc Physiotherapy is a two year course with an exciting and varied mix of academic and clinical learning.
There is a firm emphasis on the development of clinical reasoning and practical skills throughout the course.
Academic modules have been developed to allow students to develop strong core assessment and treatments skills and a deeper knowledge of core areas such as exercise prescription and health improvement theory. Integrating the core practice areas of cardiovascular respiratory, neurology and musculoskeletal encourages students to think holistically about their patients to embed this in their practice.
On completion of the course, you will be eligible to apply for registration with the Health and Care Professions Council and membership of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy.
Students undertake six placements which are spread over the duration of the course. The final placement is an elective which is arranged by students themselves; this can be undertaken in any country if the required conditions are met.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Foundations Of Physiotherapy Practice
- Exercise And Health
- Clinical Education
- Physiotherapy Practice
- Clinical Education
- Physiotherapy Pathways
- Physiotherapy Research Project
- Enhancing Service and Practice
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesPhysiotherapy View 145 other Masters in Physiotherapy in United Kingdom
- Applicants typically possess a Bachelors undergraduate degree in a science subject, such as biological, or sports science, and should contain human anatomy and physiology with a 2:1 or above classification, or a minimum GPA of 3.0 out of 4.0 Scale, or equivalent.
- Experience of the research process is also an essential requirement for the course. Relevant work experience in the field of Physiotherapy and healthcare would be desirable.
International16970 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16970 GBP per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA9140 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9140 GBP per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Aberdeen
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.