Our Architectural Engineering - Environmental Design course at University of Bath brings together architectural design and engineering so you can create spaces that are practical and sustainable as well as beautiful. You'll learn how to design buildings with low-carbon footprints and a focus on comfortable and healthy living. There is a need for trained professionals who know how to reduce the environmental impact of construction. We'll help you develop your design and technical skills throughout the course to meet this need. You’ll apply engineering principles and your understanding of how people use buildings to come up with building design solutions. The new concepts and technologies you’ll explore will help you graduate with the skills to develop sustainable building strategies.
We also give you the opportunity to take a five-day intensive course in Passivhaus design. This trains you to become a qualified Passivhaus designer or consultant. There is an extra cost for taking this course.
Learn from experts in the field
Based in our Department of Architecture & Civil Engineering, you'll learn from academics with expertise in the effects of climate change on the built infrastructure and the need for sustainable development. Their international collaborations and research activity feed into our teaching and contribute to your learning experience. Our research was ranked 1st in the UK in the Architecture and the Built Environment submission in the 2014 Research Excellence Framework.
Use specialist facilities
We have a range of facilities to support your studies including environmental monitoring facilities and access to specialist computer and software facilities for environmental modelling. Our laboratories contain equipment that exceed industry standards.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Professional and research skills for the construction industry
- Principles of Construction Project Management
- Environmental performance of materials and buildings
- Building integrated environmental systems
- Assessment and modelling tools
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesArchitecture Civil Engineering & Construction Design View 277 other Masters in Architecture in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- You should have a Bachelor’s honours degree or international equivalent, typically a high 2:2 or above.
- To apply for this programme you should have an undergraduate degree in an appropriate subject such as architectural engineering, architecture with strong technical content, civil engineering or building services engineering, or another subject which included a significant modelling component (e.g. physics or engineering).
- You must demonstrate basic quantitative skills, acquired through modules such as building physics, mathematics or statistics.
- We may make an offer based on a lower grade if you can provide evidence of your suitability for the degree.
- If your first language is not English but within the last 2 years you completed your degree in the UK you may be exempt from our English language requirements.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International23000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23000 GBP per year during 12 months.
National10700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10700 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Bath
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.