The studies contain courses on the processes occurring in the different branches of process industry and on the phenomena related to energy systems and cleaner production methods, and give the students abilities to control, optimize, design and develop processes.
Further, the Environmental Engineering master’s programme from University of Oulu will educate the students on the methods for water and waste water treatment, natural phenomena and processes related to water resources and water engineering, the causes of environmental loads, and the different methods, tools and technologies in controlling and reducing harmful environmental effects.
Students applying for the programme must possess a bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a suitable field of engineering, and applicants have to choose their preferred field of specialization (major), study option already when applying to the programme. Each option will provide its graduates with a specific set of skills and know-how, therefore each has its own criteria for the applicants.
The objective of the Master's Programme of Environmental Engineering is to train creative and co-operative academic professionals for engineering careers and as experts in their own area of specialization.
Possible titles include:
- chemical process designer
- environmental engineer
- water plant engineer
- development manager
- production manager
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
The Master’s Programme in Environmental Engineering includes three different study options:
- Industrial Environmental Engineering
- Sustainable Energy Systems
- Hydrology and Water Management
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering General Engineering & Technology Sustainable Energy View 17 other Masters in Sustainable Energy in Finland
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- To be eligible to apply to the Master's Degree Programme in Environmental Engineering (“Industrial Environmental Engineering”, or “Sustainable Energy Systems”, or “Hydrology and Water Management”), an applicant has to fulfil all of the criteria for English language skills, background degree, and previous studies. The degree must be in suitable field of engineering (chemical, water, energy, electrical, mechanical engineering). The studies have to contain university level mathematics and chemistry and/or physics with good or excellent grades.
- Further, since each option will provide graduated with a specific set of skills and know-how, therefore each has its own criteria for the applicants.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International10000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10000 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Oulu
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.