Although much progress has been made over the last three decades, still more than one billion people lack access to a safe, reliable and affordable water supply; and more than twice that number still lack access to basic sanitation.
Why choose the Water and Sanitation for Development programme offered by the Cranfield University ?
On successful completion of this option students will be able to:
- Plan and design water sources in rural areas of lower-income countries, so the quality and quantity of water available is sustained
- Evaluate water resource management methods
- Plan and design sanitation facilities in lower-income countries and appraise different management methods
- Explain different management and finance models for water, sanitation and hygiene services and evaluate how these might ensure access for the poorest.
- Assess how services might vary in different contexts, specifically rural, urban and emergencies.
- Critically evaluate water, sanitation and hygiene programmes, research and technologies.
This degree has been accredited by the Chartered Institution of Water and Environmental Management (CIWEM).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Taught modules 40%, Group project 20%, Individual project 40%
This course is ideal for graduates who wish to progress their career in the planning, implementation and management of sustainable water supply and sanitation projects to low income countries.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Although there are no set application deadlines, we recommend that you apply as early as possible to secure your place.
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering Hydrology & Water Management Sustainable Development View 72 other Masters in Hydrology & Water Management in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Candidates must possess, or be expected to achieve, a 1st or 2nd class UK Honours degree in a relevant discipline such as engineering, environmental science, geography, development studies, earth science or related subjects, or the international equivalent of these UK qualifications.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International21500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21500 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National10500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10500 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
International & EU:
- MSc Part-time: £21,500
- PgDip Full-time: £17,400
- PgCert Full-time: £8,700
- MSc Full-time: £10,500
- MSc Part-time: £1,635
Living costs for Cranfield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- GREAT China Scholarship
- The Cranfield Scholarship
- Masters Loan from Student Finance England
- Santander Scholarship
- Commonwealth Scholarships for Developing Countries
- Future Finance Student Loans
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.