Why this Water and Sanitation for Development MSc at Cranfield University ?
Although much progress has been made over the last few decades, more than one billion people still lack access to a safe, reliable and affordable water supply; and more than twice that number lack access to basic sanitation.
- Teaching is by a research-active faculty who work in developing countries, enabling you to benefit from real-world case studies throughout the course.
- There is opportunity to work on a real-life WASH project in a developing country for your thesis project.
- The courses includes participation in a real-world borehole drilling course and other practical sessions to put theory into practice.
- Innovative teaching practices including ‘flipped classrooms’ and student-led exercises are a core key feature of the course.
- The course is supported by an active network of alumni with over 30 years’ worth of experience working in the WASH sector.
Graduates of the Water and Sanitation for Development MSc will be able to:
- Plan and design sanitation facilities and water sources in rural areas of lower-income countries;
- Critically evaluate water, sanitation and hygiene programmes and water resource management methods;
- Explain different management and finance models and evaluate how these might ensure access for the poorest;
- Assess how water, sanitation and hygiene services might vary in different contexts, specifically rural, urban and emergencies.
This degree has been accredited by the Chartered Institution of Water and Environmental Management (CIWEM).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Public Health, Hygiene and Sanitation
- Water, Society and Development
- Water Resource Engineering
- Resilience, Shocks and Emergencies
This course is ideal for graduates who wish to progress their career in the planning, implementation and management of sustainable water supply and sanitation projects to low income countries.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Although there are no set application deadlines, we recommend that you apply as early as possible to secure your place.
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering Hydrology & Water Management Sustainable Development View 104 other Masters in Environmental Engineering in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Candidates must possess, or be expected to achieve, a 1st or 2nd class UK Honours degree in a relevant discipline such as engineering, environmental science, geography, development studies, earth science or related subjects, or the international equivalent of these UK qualifications.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International22150 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22150 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National10825 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10825 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
- MSc Part-time £1,685
- PgDip Full-time £8,250
- PgDip Part-time £1,685
- PgCert Full-time £4,750
- PgCert Part-time £1,685
- MSc Part-time £22,150
- PgDip Full-time £17,950
- PgDip Part-time £17,950
- PgCert Full-time £8,950
- PgCert Part-time £8,950
Living costs for Cranfield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- Brian Meredith Net Zero Scholarship
- Commonwealth Shared Scholarship Scheme
- Cranfield University GREAT Scholarships
- British Council Scholarships for Women in STEM
- International Water Association (IWA) and Cranfield University Excellence Scholarship
- Vanguard Scholarship
- Water Conservators Scholarship
- Chevening Scholarships
- The Cranfield Scholarship
- Masters Loan from Student Finance England
- Santander Scholarship
- Commonwealth Scholarships for Developing Countries
- Future Finance Student Loans
- Lendwise Postgraduate Student Loan
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.