The Pharmaceutical Science course at Kingston University is particularly suitable if you are keen to enter employment in areas such as pharmaceutical marketing, formulation, regulatory affairs, process development, medical statistics and clinical trial organisations. You can choose to combine your studies with training in the fundamentals of management theory (option available only for September intake), which is especially suitable to those interested in taking up management positions in relevant organisations.
What will you study?
You will have the chance to explore current trends in chemical, biological and biotechnological therapeutics, and will look at the latest technologies used in the pharmaceutical industry. You will gain an understanding of the processes used in clinical trials and in the development, manufacture and regulation of medicines. You will also develop your computing and statistical skills and other key skills, such as data collection, communication, time management, organisational and review and synopsis skills.
Where this course will take you
On completion of the MSc, you will:
- be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills relevant to a pharmaceutical science career in the pharmaceutical industry or public sector – such as clinical trials, regulatory affairs, formulation, quality control or marketing;
- have developed the necessary skills to plan, carry out and effectively communicate an extensive independent piece of research – which will allow you to carry out further research studies;
- have acquired new and/or improved practical skills, using a variety of equipment, techniques and instrumentation; and
- have developed a variety of key skills – such as communication, time-management, organisational and problem-solving skills, which are expected by future employers.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Statistics and Quality Systems
- Pharmaceutical and Analytical Technology
- Manufacture and Clinical Trials of Medicines
- Design, Discovery and Development of Pharmaceuticals
- Business in Practice
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Applications entry are not yet open. Please contact admissions for further details about application dates for this course.
DisciplinesPharmacy View 153 other Masters in Pharmacy in United Kingdom
- A good honours degree in chemistry, pharmacy, pharmaceutical science, pharmacology, biological science or biomedical science. Other chemistry or medical science degrees will be considered on an individual basis. All applicants will be expected to pass all mathematics modules within their first degree and should demonstrate sufficient competency in biology and chemistry.
- Applicants with alternative qualifications will also need appropriate experience (in healthcare, the pharmaceutical industry or a regulatory body, for example).
International14900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14900 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
National9430 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9430 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.