The Cancer Biology course at Kingston University is excellent preparation for a wide variety of careers in hospital laboratories, commercial laboratories, cancer research, pharmaceutical companies and academic institutions.
- You will be taught by active researchers and expert practitioners, and have the opportunity to work in industry with companies like GlaxoSmithKline, or at a research institute, such as the Institute of Cancer Research.
- Your research project can be carried out with one of our research groups or as part of an industrial placement (if you are a part-time student) at your place of work.
- Flexible study options (such as single modules) can be taken as part of a continuing professional development (CPD) programme.
What will you study?
You will be trained in science research methods and learn about the techniques used in molecular biology. You will study the biology of disease, tumour biology, immunology, molecular oncology, haematological malignancy, plus diagnostic and therapeutic techniques for cancer.
In addition to developing a comprehensive understanding of the principles and practice of core topics in current areas of medical science, you will gain an in-depth knowledge of oncology topics - and their relationship to other medical disciplines. You will also learn how to plan, carry out and report on a piece of independent scientific research.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureModules included:
- Cellular and Molecular Biology of Cancer
- Immunology and the Biology of Disease
- Cancer Diagnosis and Therapy
- Research Techniques and Scientific Communication
- Research Project
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesBiology Health Sciences View 1191 other Masters in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
- Good honours degree or equivalent with a core biology content; biomedical science; molecular biology; biotechnology; biology; physiology; biochemistry; pharmaceutical science; medicine; veterinary medicine; dentistry; or pharmacy. Other biology and medical science degrees will be considered on an individual basis.
- Applicants with professional experience may be eligible. Please contact the admissions tutor for details.
International14500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14500 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA9200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9200 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Home and European Union:
- MSc part time £5,060
- MSc part time £7,975
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.