The Biomedical Science with Management Studies course at Kingston University is designed to link academic knowledge with the practical applications of biomedical science and management, and will prepare you for a career in biomedical science management or small business development. Taught by researchers, expert practising biomedical scientists and business managers, there is the opportunity to undertake a project with internationally acclaimed research teams.
In addition, some key features of the course include:
- Skills to enhance employability are embedded within the curriculum to maximise job opportunities in a wide variety of biomedical science careers, including hospital and commercial laboratories, research, teaching, management and sales.
- Teaching on the course is research-led and research-informed to ensure that all students are aware of the latest developments in biomedical science.
- Research projects can be carried out within one of our research groups or as part of an industrial placement.
What will you study?
The course is taught by internationally recognised researchers and practising expert biomedical scientists, ensuring that the programme content reflects current practice.
The programme comprises four taught modules, plus an extended three-month research project, involving the design and practice of research with opportunities for securing research placements at top UK industry and healthcare providers.
The taught modules consist of two core and one specialist module focussing on biomedical science, with a specialism choice between haematology and medical microbiology. In addition, one core module focuses on business in practice, linking management studies with careers in science. The business module develops competencies in finance, accounting, marketing, organisational management, entrepreneurship and leadership/team skills. In addition to subject knowledge, you will develop written, oral, analytical and employability skills appropriate to masters level.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research Techniques and Scientific Communication
- Immunology and the Biology of Disease
- Research Project
- One specialist module (from a choice of four modules specialising in medical microbiology or haematology)
- Business in Practice
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
We encourage you to apply as soon as possible, applications will close when the course is full.
DisciplinesBiomedicine Management, Organisation & Leadership View 272 other Masters in Biomedicine in United Kingdom
- Good honours degree or equivalent in biomedical science; medical microbiology; medical genetics; molecular biology; haematology; or immunology. Other biology and medical science degrees will be considered on an individual basis. All applicants must demonstrate sufficient understanding of mammalian biology and immunology. Prior study of microbiology and haematology is preferred.
- Applicants with professional experience may be eligible. Please contact the admissions tutor for details.
International14900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14900 GBP per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA9430 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9430 GBP per year during 12 months.
Home and European Union
- MSc part time £5,187
Overseas (not EU):
- MSc part time £8,195
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.