- History of education is concerned with understanding and interpreting the origins, change, and continuity in the intellectual movements, institutions, and critical problems of education.
- Students of history learn about the intellectual movements and ideas that have influenced educational processes.
- Common topics in philosophy of education concern the nature of knowledge, mind, culture, learning, justice, and democracy as these topics relate to education, schools, and human development.
- Students of philosophy understand how philosophical questions and areas of inquiry have emerged within specific social and cultural contexts over time.
- Complete a thesis in an applied research project or study. This Philosophy and History of Education degree is offered at The Ohio State University.
- History of Educational Policy
- Philosophy of Education
- Modern Trends in Philosophy of Education
- Curriculum in Higher Education
- History of Education
- Ethics and the Professional Context of Teaching
- Examining Knowledge, Truth,& Objectivity: Philosophy of Science for Educational Researchers
- Cultural Processes in Education
- Ethics and Education: Equality, Freedom, and Justice in Schools
- Educational Philosophy of John Dewey
- Psychological Perspectives on Teaching
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
30, non-thesis; 33, thesis
DisciplinesEducation History Philosophy & Ethics View 813 other Masters in History in United States
International43506 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 43506 USD per year during 12 months.
National38693 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 38693 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State12092 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12092 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Columbus
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.