The Master of Fine Art programme from Arts University Plymouth is a platform for experienced creative practitioners who want access to a dynamic and supportive art school environment when bringing a project to fruition. It provides a framework within which to conceive, refine and consolidate an advanced body of work, which will be shared publicly.
As an MFA student, you will develop a robust research proposal into a substantial and resolved creative outcome that will be exhibited and assessed in a public venue. With the support of staff who are specialists in your area, and with access to regular group critique and lectures, you will hone your conception of audience and disseminate your work in an appropriate form.
The programme lasts one academic year full-time, or two years part-time, and culminates in an exhibition of creative outcomes.
The programmes offer professional skills development to support our students as they progress within industry, self-employment (in the Creative Industries sector) and further Level 7 and 8 studies. The second module offers an opportunity to test out the practices being investigated by individual students within an appropriate, live setting.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The comprehensive Masters structure, which is shared across our specialist programmes, enables our postgraduate students to focus on creative strategies and processes through three sequential modules which support you in investigating, testing and developing your ideas.
- The core tuition focuses on training, research methodology, critical thinking, design, practice-led research methods and professional and conceptual frameworks, with an opportunity for negotiated study under specialist supervision for MFA and MA by Research students.
- By combining modules with specialist assignments and personal project proposals, you will be able to achieve depth and specialisation within your subject area, while at the same time becoming equipped with robust approaches, methodologies and techniques that can be applied across the commercial, social and public sectors.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesVisual Arts Liberal Arts Fine Arts View 589 other Masters in Visual Arts in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- MA applicants are normally expected to have an undergraduate degree at 2:1 or above. However, the strength of your creative practice and other forms of experience will be taken into account at the interview stage and we encourage you to start a conversation with us.
- As part of the application, you will be asked to give the usual application details, to provide some digital images of your work, and to submit a short personal statement (300 words approximately). This personal statement is a chance to tell us what you want to do on your chosen MA.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International11000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11000 GBP per year during 12 months.
National5800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5800 GBP per year during 12 months.
- UK - £3,250
- International - £5,830
Living costs for Plymouth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.