In the Advanced Computer Science (Data Analytics) degree from University of Leeds, you’ll gain a foundation in topics like systems programming and algorithms, as well as the basics of machine learning and knowledge representation. You’ll also choose from optional modules focusing on topics like image analysis or text analytics, or broaden your approach with topics like cloud computing.
As one of the few schools with expertise covering text, symbolic and scientific/numerical data analysis, we can provide a breadth of expertise to equip you with a variety of skills – and you’ll work as an integral member of one of our research groups when you develop your main project. We also have close links with the Leeds Institute for Data Analytics (LIDA) which is at the forefront of big data research.
You’ll benefit from world-class facilities to support your learning, including:
- a state-of the art cloud computing lab with a 10-node cluster
- a large High Performance Computing (HPC) resource consisting of several clusters which are used for all forms of predictive modelling, data analysis and simulation
- a visualisation lab including a Powerwall, benchtop display with tracking system, WorldViz PPT optical tracking system and Intersense InertiaCube orientation tracker
- Ascension Flock of Birds tracking systems, three DOF and 6DOF Phantom force feedback devices
- Twin Immersion Corp CyberGloves
- rendering cluster and labs containing both Microsoft and Linux platforms, among others.
It’s an exciting environment in which to gain a range of skills and experience cutting-edge technology.
- Knowledge Representation and Reasoning
- Artificial Intelligence
- Programming for Data Science
- Data Mining and Text Analytics
- Cloud Computing
- Advanced Software Engineering
- Scientific Computation
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Artificial Intelligence Machine Learning View 702 other Masters in Computer Sciences in United Kingdom
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Leeds and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- A bachelor degree with a 2:1 (hons) in computer science. Other Computing based degrees may be considered on a case by case basis.
- We require all applicants to have studied a breadth of relevant modules including significant programming, systems development, data structures and algorithms, with strong marks across all these modules.
- Relevant work experience will also be considered.
Living costs for Leeds
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.