Mathematical Engineering at University of Naples Federico II will make students able to apply advanced mathematics to solve complex real-world problems from every branch of engineering. It combines mathematical theory, practical engineering and scientific computing to address today's technological challenges.
- The master degree in Mathematical Engineering aims at addressing the increasing need in Industry and Academia for graduates with a solid technical-scientific formation, highly skilled to synthesize information, with a particular aptitude at mathematical modelling of complex systems, with exhaustive knowledge of applied mathematics, useful to the resolution of typical engineering problems.
- The aim of our course is to provide students with the mathematical modelling, computational and data analysis skills as well as probabilistic-statistical approaches necessary to solve challenging real-world problems. For this reason, graduates of the Master's Degree in Mathematical Engineering will possess multidisciplinary knowledge which is not focused on a single technical or scientifical area, but it is easily applicable to various areas of engineering, relying on the conceptualization of material and immaterial systems from different engineering branches.
- The course programme will provide its graduates with flexible mathematical tools to be used in a wide range of potential application areas, making them able to generate innovation, and opening them to a wide spectrum of professional careers in Industry and Academia.
- Mathematical Modelling
- Numerical Simulation
- Probability and Statistics
- Nonlinear Systems
- Numerical Methods
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- To apply students must have got a bachelor degree or first degree or undergraduate degree, usually a three or four years course of at least 180 ECTS
- Student must have a minimum level B2 in English.
- If students don’t have a language certification yet, their English knowledge will be tested on site by a departmental committee trough an interview.
EU/EEA200 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 200 EUR per year during 24 months.
- EU students: €140/year regional tax (compulsory)
- Non EU students: €160/year regional tax (compulsory
Living costs for Naples
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.