About the program
The Master of Science in Environmental and Water Resource from University of Kansas features two options of study. Option A requires 30 credit hours, including a thesis of 6-10 hours, and a final oral examination, including a thesis defense. Option B requires 30 credit hours, including a 3-4 hour special problem investigation in the student’s specialization, as well as a final oral examination. Option B does not require a thesis. Courses can be completed live online.
An environmental engineer working in water resource might apply their knowledge in the following ways:
- Working with civil engineers on a plan to site a new dam route
- Overseeing the planning of an irrigation network
- Measuring the possible environmental impact of a proposed project on a body of water and the surrounding community
- Helping organizations make environmentally sustainable decisions regarding proposed building projects
Environmental engineers use a water resource specialization in a variety of fields, including air quality, water quality, solid and hazardous waste, stormwater treatment and wetlands management.
- Concepts of Environmental Chemistry
- Physical Principles of Environmental Engineering Processes
- Biological Principles of Environmental Engineering
- Physical Hydrology
- Chemical and Microbial Hydrogeology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering Hydrology & Water Management Environmental Sciences View 37 other Masters in Environmental Engineering in United States
- Bachelor of science degree in engineering from an ABET-accredited university, or equivalent from abroad.
- Undergraduate GPA of at least 3.0
- Online KU graduate application (graduate.ku.edu/ku-graduate-application)
- Official transcript
- Statement of Purpose
- GRE Score
- Two emails of recommendation
- Non-native speakers of English must meet the English proficiency requirements.
International19800 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 660 USD per credit during 12 months.
National19800 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 660 USD per credit during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.