The Hospitality with Tourism Management postgraduate course from University College Birmingham offers two different study pathways to suit your previous qualifications and experience. If you are new to these industries and do not already have related qualifications, Pathway A will introduce you to managing the operational aspects of hospitality while incorporating the study of related tourism and events environments.
Alternatively, if you already have an undergraduate degree in hospitality or tourism management, Pathway B will focus on teaching you long-term strategic development of hospitality operations and equip you to engage in continuing development using a broad range of skills.
In addition, you will have the chance to travel to a European destination for a five-day study trip, with the essential costs covered by University College Birmingham. There is also the option of taking on a placement for three to six months, boosting your experience to help you get your foot in the door of hospitality and tourism organisations.
Work placements are vital for gaining real-life experience and for building your confidence and skills before you finish your course – and they may even lead to a job when you graduate. Our hired@UCB team can help find the ideal placement for you.
The masters in Hospitality with Tourism Management offers the option of a work placement for three to six months. You will be supported by our experienced hired@UCB staff to identify the kind of placement you want, with options available around the UK and overseas.
- Global Solutions for Hospitality and Tourism Marketing
- Managing Profitable Food and Beverage Operations
- Managing Across Cultures
- Revenue and Performance Analysis
- International Tourism Development
- Lodging and Facilities Management
- 18 months
- 30 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
- We advise non-EU international applicants to apply at least two-three months before the enrolment deadline, to allow for processing and documentation to be received and for sponsorship for student visas to be issued.
- For Home and EU applicants as well as non-EU applicants based in the UK, the deadline for applications is 10 working days before enrolment. Non-EU applicants based outside the UK must apply 31 days before enrolment.
DisciplinesManagement Studies Hospitality Management Tourism & Leisure View 94 other Masters in Hospitality Management in United Kingdom
- MSc Hospitality with Tourism Management – A grade classification of 2:2 is required, or international equivalent
- PGDip Hospitality with Tourism Management – A grade classification of third-class is required, or international equivalent
- A subject-related UK or International honours degree from a recognised institution
International14500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14500 GBP per year during 18 months.
National8750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8750 GBP per year during 18 months.
The fee for the PGDip course is £6,350.
Living costs for Birmingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.