USW has applied for accreditation status on this course, which is subject to approval. If approved, the course will provide the further learning required to progress to Chartered Engineer (CEng) status. Working professionals may progress towards CEng status through a tailor-made route. This will help you accelerate to the remaining steps of CEng status by working with your employer in the process. This is a unique feature of a Master's course and significantly reduces the period required to achieve Chartered status.
As well as developing your analytical and problem-solving skills, tuition covers project planning and management. The MSc Civil Engineering course is also underpinned by research into areas such as the use of novel and sustainable materials, geotechnics, and structural modelling.
The MSc Civil Engineering (Structural) and MSc Civil Engineering (Environmental) degrees are accredited by the Joint Board of Moderators (JBM) comprising of the Institution of Civil Engineers, Institution of Structural Engineers, Institute of Highway Engineers and the Chartered Institution of Highways and Transportation on behalf of the Engineering Council as meeting the academic requirement for Further Learning for registration as a Chartered Engineer (CEng).
On completion of this Civil Engineering programme from University of South Wales , you will be able to develop a career as a Civil Engineer, technical manager, or research and development manager. These roles can be with leading international consultancies, contractors, national and local consulting companies, as well as international research and government organisations.
The MSc Civil and Structural Engineering is accredited as meeting the requirements for Further Learning for a Chartered Engineer (CEng)
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Civil Engineering Materials
- Geo-Environmental Engineering
- Project Management Theory & Practice
- Individual Dissertation
- Advanced Structural Mechanics
- Advanced Structural Design
- Design of Timber & Masonry Structures
- Carbon Management
- Environmental Management
- Environmental Engineering
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction General Engineering & Technology View 292 other Masters in Civil Engineering & Construction in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- An Honours degree, normally a JBM-accredited BEng degree of class 2:2 or above, or a BSc Honours degree of class 2:1 or above in Civil or Structural Engineering (or equivalent professional or recognised overseas qualifications), or sufficient and relevant industrial work experience.
- Applicants with a JBM-accredited IEng degree will be treated on an individual basis but must have attained competences in the core subject areas of civil engineering at undergraduate level.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14700 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
- Part-time UK: £1030 per 20 credits
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.