The master's degree program in Geographic Information Systems started in 2009 and is ARACIS accredited. It takes place within the Department of Geography, a department with a national tradition in this field, where geoinformatics and geographic information systems have been taught since 1992 and 1995. This extremely attractive master line is not only addressed to geography graduates, but also to all those aspiring to a career in GIS, including those working in fields that use geographical information. Master's students have an exceptional endowment: modern laboratories of computer technology and state-of-the-art software.
- This study program at the West University of Timisoara involves teachers and researchers from the Department of Geography and the Department of Informatics of UVT, to which are added external collaborators from the Center for Geoinformatics (Z_GIS) of the University of Salzburg, the University of Bucharest and ESRI Romania. The courses within the curriculum, comprehensive and balanced at the same time, can be grouped as follows: courses that offer basic and advanced notions, conceptual, theoretical and practical of GIS and remote sensing; computer science courses (programming and database management systems); courses aimed at the use of advanced geospatial methods and technologies, such as object-oriented image analysis (OBIA) and courses aimed at applying GIS in different geographical areas and geovisualization of spatial data.
- Spatial analysis and modeling in GIS
- Methods and models for analyzing remote sensing data
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Schedule of the admission process for the September session (valid if seats remain available after the first admission session)
DisciplinesGeography Informatics & Information Technology Geographical Information Systems (GIS)
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Application Form
- The studies documents
- Birth certificate (legally certified copy and translation)
- Copy of the passport
- Medical certificate
- Marriage license
- Copy of the document attesting the residency abroad
- Copy of the language certificate
- Complete contact form
- Copy of receipt for 75 EURO
International1980 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1980 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA811 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 811 EUR per year during 24 months.
- 4000 lei
- The scholarships are offered to foreign citizens from countries that are not members of the European Union, for undergraduate and postgraduate studies.
Living costs for Timisoara
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.