The Cybersecurity Engineering program at the University of Sharjah is intended to accept incoming students from varied computing related undergraduate programs. Keeping in mind that incoming students may not have foundational knowledge, the program offers the needed background in the required core courses before embarking on advanced topics in the electives.
The program requires completion of a substantial research component culminated with a formal thesis (equivalent to 9 credit hours of course work).
The program has a compulsory component that ensures a common knowledge base for all students. The compulsory courses were selected to match the minimum compulsory knowledge that every student needs. Then an appropriate group of elective courses were selected to offer students variety of depth topics for specialization.
Upon the successful completion of the program, student will be able to:
- Apply advanced theories and methodologies in the field of Cybersecurity Engineering.
- Propose advanced engineering solutions with sustainability factors in global, economic, environmental, and societal context.
- Communicate effectively in oral and written forms to present complex and diverse problems to a variety of audience.
- Evaluate professional ethics issues and develop fair and valid judgments in Cybersecurity Engineering contexts.
- Function on multidisciplinary teams with management and leadership capabilities.
- Design and conduct experiments/simulation for research in Cybersecurity Engineering related fields.
- Use proper tools to analyze and interpret data.
- Engineering Research Methodology
- Cryptography and Security
- Information security management and policies
- Network Security
- Internet, web, and e-business Security
- Cloud and Data Security
- 24 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesGeneral Engineering & Technology Cyber Security Software Engineering View 6 other Masters in Cyber Security in United Arab Emirates
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- The student must hold a bachelor's degree or equivalent from a recognized university with a CGPA of 3.00 out of 4.00. Students with a CGPA between 2.5 and 2.99 may be admitted conditionally
- The degree must be in a major that qualifies the student to study the master's program.
- Students must meet the English language proficiency requirement
- Native speakers of English shall be exempted from the TOEFL Test if the language of instruction in their undergraduate studies was English
- Attachment of ‘no objection certificate’ from the authorities responsible for national service for male Emirati students
- Attachment of a letter of study approval from the Kuwait Embassy Cultural Office for Kuwaiti students only
- Attachment of People of Determination card (if applicable)
- In case the student works in a certain place, please attach a letter from the employer stating that the student is working for this agency
International13282 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 805 EUR per credit during 24 months.
National13282 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 805 EUR per credit during 24 months.
- 3,045 AED per credit
Living costs for Sharjah
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.