The Nursing - Family Nurse Practitioner program at San José State University prepares nurses to assume the highest levels of professional nursing practice in the advanced practice roles via courses which cover advanced theoretical knowledge, leadership development, assessment skills, and advanced clinical practice. You will have an opportunity to critically evaluate and apply nursing theory and research as a scientific base for nursing practice.
Our position in the heart of the Silicon Valley provides a unique opportunity to serve a diverse population. Many of our students go on to work for one of our local healthcare agencies. Upon completion of the Master's of Science in Nursing FNP program, graduates will be eligible to apply for certification.
- Apply critical thinking and ethical decision-making including the use of the nursing and research processes
- Provide theory and research-based culturally competent, safe therapeutic nursing interventions for clients in advanced nursing practice
- Employ advanced interpersonal skills in professional relationships with clients, families/caregivers, and multidisciplinary health care team members
- Support health promotion and disease prevention activities in developing and monitoring holistic plans of care for well and at-risk clients, considering access, quality and cost
- Demonstrate the collaborative and leadership skills required in advanced nursing practice within a multidisciplinary and multicultural (community) health care context
- Plan, implement, and evaluate advanced nursing practice that promotes and preserves health and healthy lifestyles of individual clients and aggregates
- Plan, implement, and evaluate advanced therapeutic nursing practice in a rapidly changing, multicultural health care environment
- Implement care management, including but not limited to case management, resource management, advocacy, and outcome evaluation
- Employ information technology in advanced nursing practice to evaluate and improve health care delivery and outcomes
- Actualize the advanced nursing practice role by incorporating professional standards, ethical guidelines, legal mandates, and professional activities
- Population Based Health Care
- Clinical Leadership Role Development
- Advanced Health Assessment
- Professional Issues for Nurse Practitioners
- Advanced Pharmacology
- Advanced Pathophysiology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesNursing Health Sciences View 2312 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
- Applicant has current, unrestricted California Registered Nursing (RN) license
- Applicant has 1-2 years of prior nursing experience at the time of application
- Applicant has a Baccalaureate degree in Nursing (BSN)
- Personal Statement
- Two letters of reference
International7176 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3588 USD per semester during 24 months.
National7176 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3588 USD per semester during 24 months.
Non-resident students pay basic registration fees plus $396 per unit.
Living costs for San Jose
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.