The Higher Education Leadership Master’s Program at San José State University serves the educational needs of the community and the region by preparing transformative future leaders through emancipatory and experiential learning approaches in the local and regional contexts; and by conducting cutting edge research that contributes to equity-minded and justice driven approaches to theory, practice, and education while concurrently advancing standards and values of Excellence, Ethics, Entrepreneurship, and Engagement.
- Identify the complex history and dimensions that define the discipline of higher education;
- Plan for transformative organizational change through a critical and praxis-based approach to diversity, access, equity, and inclusion;
- Analyze the roles and interests of the varied stakeholders that characterize and sustain the enterprise of higher education;
- Develop the skills to foster responsive, cooperative, mutually beneficial, and ethically sound internal and external relationships with campus and community constituents;
- Identify the ethics and values that distinguish higher education as a "public good" versus a "private good"
- Higher Education Leadership
- Diversity, Equity, and Social Justice in Higher Education
- Policy and Ethics of Higher Education Governance and Finance
- Critical Data Analysis in Higher Education
- Contemporary Issues in Higher Education
- Law, Policy, and Ethics in Higher Education
- Equity-Minded Leadership in Higher Education: Practices, Policies, and Pedagogies
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducational Leadership Higher Education View 245 other Masters in Higher Education in United States
- BA degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Minimum GPA of 3.0, based on a 4.0 scale
- Statement of Purpose
- Situational Essay
- Two letters of recommendation, with option of third letter of recommendation.
- Candidates must also meet all SJSU admissions requirements
International15000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15000 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
National15000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15000 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for San Jose
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.