We focus on consumer-led product development, where consumers play a key role during the whole development process. You’ll develop in-depth specialist knowledge needed to ensure that newly developed food products meet the necessary processing requirements for ensuring the quality and safety of food. Alongside, you’ll gain a broad understanding of legislation and how this impacts the industry.
It’s this combination of scientific acumen, awareness of international requirements and the industry-relevant skill set in areas, like sensory evaluation and product design, that’ll attract employers in industry.
- Innovation Technologist, Kerry Foods
- NPD Technologist, Scheff Foods Ltd
- R&D Food Technologist, Shanghai 21Cake Food Co
- NPD & Quality Control Executive, ID Fresh Food (India)
- Quality Control Analyst, Mundipharma Pte Ltd
- QA Technician, Newsholmes Food
This degree is accredited by the Institute of Food Science and Technology.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Microbiological and Chemical Food Safety
- Food Processing
- Nutrient & Food Biochemical Structure and Function
- Food Analysis
- Food Product Development
- Sensory Science
- Food Quality Assurance and Control
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesFamily & Consumer Science Innovation Management Food Sciences View 32 other Masters in Family & Consumer Science in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A bachelor's degree with a 2:2 (Hons) or equivalent qualification in a relevant science subject, usually including modules in food processing and/or engineering.
- All key modules should also have strong grades (none below 2:2 UK equivalent). Please check your marks using international equivalent qualifications. We will ask for further detailed module information if these are not clear on your transcript.
- We expect all applicants to provide a supporting statement indicating a career aim or interest in food product development, knowledge of which is the key objective of this degree.
- Food-related industry and/or research experience is welcomed, but not essential, and can also be considered alongside a relevant science degree.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
Tuition FeeVisit official programme website
Living costs for Leeds
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.