This means that, once you graduate, you’ll be fully equipped with the topical knowledge and advanced skills sought after by global companies in industry.
Studying an MSc in the Food Science course at University of Leeds will also give you access to specialist facilities that’ll prepare you for working in the field and a programme team consisting of academics and researchers who work within the School’s research institutes and groups.
Our graduates from this course have secured positions at companies such as:
- Quality Standards Technologist, Britvic Soft Drinks
- Food Quality Inspector, Newsholme Food Group
- Senior Food Technologist, Amy's Kitchen
- Scientist - Beverage and Sweet, Kerry Asia Pacific
- Quality Assurance Manager, Indian Foodtech Ltd.
- Development Technologist, Premier Foods
- Food Scientist, Newly Weds Food
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Physical Aspects of Food 10 credits
- Microbiological and Chemical Food Safety 20 credits
- Food Processing 20 credits
- Colloid and Dairy Science 10 credits
- Nutrient & Food Biochemical Structure and Function 20 credits
- Food Analysis 10 credits
- Research Project: Masters Students 80 credits
- Food Quality Assurance and Control
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesFamily & Consumer Science Food Sciences View 32 other Masters in Family & Consumer Science in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A bachelor's degree with a 2:2 (Hons) in a subject containing biology and chemistry content.
- All key modules should also have strong grades (none below 2:2 UK equivalent). Please check your marks using international equivalent qualifications. We will ask for further detailed module information if these are not clear on your transcript.
- Food-related industry and/or research experience is welcomed, but not essential, and can also be considered alongside a relevant science degree.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
Tuition FeeVisit official programme website
Living costs for Leeds
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
School of Food Science and Nutrition - International Masters Excellence Scholarship
These competitive scholarships are awarded in the form of a 25% tuition fee reduction to international candidates who demonstrate outstanding academic achievement. There are limited scholarships available.
See website for full details: https://environment.leeds.ac.uk/food-nutrition/dir-record/scholarships/1790/school-of-food-science-and-nutrition-international-masters-excellence-scholarship
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.