The curriculum of the Historical Studies programme offered by University of Cape Town will comprise one compulsory course, three elective courses, and a minor dissertation. Candidates will ordinarily complete the prescribed courses in the first year and will be expected to complete the dissertation or equivalent within the following year.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- A History of Violence: Perspectives from the Global South
- Histories of Land and Labour Struggles in South Africa
- Theory & Method in Histories of Medicine, Health & Healing
- Oral History: Method, Practice, and Theory
- Writing and History
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesHistory Ancient History Modern History View 40 other Masters in History in South Africa
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Students will require an overall average of at least 65% in an honours degree in Historical Studies, or in a related discipline. Acceptance will be on the recommendation of the departmental Postgraduate Committee, and at the discretion of the Head of Department.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
Tuition FeeVisit official programme website
Living costs for Cape Town
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.