The Master’s degree in Educational Leadership at The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley is designed to build forward-thinking schoolteachers into leaders and administrators who can provide leadership in various educational settings and are competent in management, organization, school law, finance, and contemporary personnel practices.
- Students will learn how to effectively direct and advocate for academic excellence and lead positive change in today's schools with a particular focus on students from multicultural backgrounds and English language learner (ELL) populations.
- Master of Education in Educational Leadership with an added six hours of practicum move the graduates into positions that oversee all topics in public education, including the day-to-day activities of elementary, middle, or high schools.
- Administration of Human Resources and Budgeting
- Data Management for School Improvement
- Socio-Cultural Contexts of Education
- Ethics, Equity and Diversity
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducational Leadership Leadership View 568 other Masters in Leadership in United States
- Undergraduate GPA of at least 3.0 GPA in the last 60 semester credit hours for clear admission; 2.75 - 2.99 GPA for Conditional Admission.
- Official Transcripts.
- Vita/Resume that includes educational background and work experience.
- Personal statement (see the College of Education and P-16 Integration for more information).
- Video presentation (see the College of Education and P-16 Integration for more information).
- Clear Criminal Background Check (CBC).
- Two years of teaching experience.
- Copy of Educator Certificate.
- Copy of Teacher Service Record.
International15676 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7838 USD per semester during 12 months.
National15676 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7838 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State8332 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4166 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Texas City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.