The department offers a Master of Science (MSN) in Nursing Education at The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, designed for BSN-prepared Registered Nurses who have a passion for mentoring and teaching traditional and non‐traditional programs, and are interested in pursuing or advancing in a position in nursing education.
- Master of Science in Nursing Education graduates will be prepared to meet the needs of a diverse student population in a variety of roles in nursing education, including patient educator, as well as the educator role in clinical and academic settings.
- The student successfully completing the Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) Education will be able to utilize evidence in educational design, implementation, and evaluation of strategies for classroom and clinical teaching
- Advanced Pathophysiology in Nursing
- Nursing Informatics
- Advanced Leadership, Policy and Population Health
- Roles and Strategies in the Delivery of Nursing Education
- Advanced Health Assessment in Nursing Practice
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesNursing Health Education View 41 other Masters in Health Education in United States
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing (BSN)
- Undergraduate GPA of at least 3.0.
- Successful completion of undergraduate statistics course
- A short essay including reason for seeking admission, anticipated personal gain, relevant preparation, and future professional plans
- Holding an unencumbered license as a Registered Nurse in their state of residence
- Cleared Criminal Background Check
- Evidence of current immunizations required by the Texas Department of Heath for students in health-related academic programs
International15676 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7838 USD per semester during 12 months.
National15676 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7838 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State8332 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4166 USD per semester during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.